Saturday, April 8, 2017

la Promenade des Anglais et Canadiens

Oh the misery - me in our squalid living room in the sweater Lynn bought for me and pants I bought myself in Paris.  A new fashion discovery: dark blue.
 Place Garibaldi as the sun starts to go down - packed with people heading to and from the ocean
 and a huge park just off screen again, packed. Fantastic street life. And those tall white things are naked plastic men sitting on poles, reflecting the giant naked statue. Okay, sure.
From the Promenade - the rich people's part of the beach and the poor. People were swimming. Madness.
At the end of the day, again in our dark, squalid living room, in the yoga pants and t-shirt I bought for myself at Doubletake - an old fashion discovery, second-hand - with my favourite beverage and piece of technology. A wonderful visit with Brucie. Today - my last day in France. For this year.

P.S. Indulging in pix of myself because usually, as someone travelling alone, there aren't any. But now I have Brooz.

I've just made a list of all the packing mistakes I made this time, even after many trips of this nature. I'll share it with you when it's definitive. You'd think I'd have learned by now, but no. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment