Wednesday, March 1, 2017

So True is so NOW.

At the So True readings on Sunday, my friend Ken chatted to the woman sitting next to him, who said she was from Saskatoon and had read about our show in NOW magazine. I thought there must be some mistake, but there it is, in NOW, under Theatre Listings:

SO TRUE (Socap): Eight diverse writers tell true stories w/ Beth Kaplan, Jason Allen and others. Feb. 26 from 3.30 to 7 pm. $10. 2nd flr. THE SOCIAL CAPITAL THEATRE.

Times are wrong but otherwise - wonderful. I guess the theatre must have sent it in, because I didn't place it. Anyway, heady fame must feel like this. Surely vast fortune is not far behind.

LOL.

Good news on another front - my New York cousin Lori, a theatre hound who has seen everything, just saw "Come From Away." She loved it - "I cried all the way through." That bodes well for its future. Go, little Canadian show, go!

This morning at our conversation group, I learned that all the women from Bangladesh are in arranged marriages, and that's fine with them, there wasn't a single complaint. Of course, maybe we don't know each other well enough yet. They spoke about what they missed from home, besides their families - one said it was the smell of the tea plantation next to her home. Yes, Canada is the other side of the planet. The chatting is wonderful. I am making a whole new group of friends.

Tonight, a fundraising run-fit class at the Y. Just about the last thing I want to do, but will go briefly. Still am not back to myself. It will come. Helped by the fact that it was 17 degrees today - and 6 in Vancouver. We are them and they are us. Long may it last. Sorry, Chris.

P.S. Back from my run-fit event with aching legs - could hardly do anything, but at least I was there. Just wanted to say, for those of you keeping track - remember the 4 pounds I lost during the worst of my pneumonia? Well, I'm happy to say they're back, settled comfortably around my belly and hips. Welcome back, guys. What took you so long?

When I came home, my son had cooked and left me this - salmon brochettes with noodles, leeks and other veg in a complex sauce with things in it. Have not quite figured out what yet. My reward for years of hard labour as his mother.

Today was the warmest March 1 on record. Ever. We'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment