Friday, August 19, 2016

praise for "All My Loving"

Received this wonderful note from a former student and friend, a very accomplished woman who took my class at least ten years ago, and would like to share it with you. Does a writer's heart good. I wrote back to thank her and to ask her to pass the book or her recommendation of it on to anyone she thinks might be interested. I've had a bunch of notes like this, people who really enjoy the book - but so few people know it exists.

I just got back from a couple of weeks away at a cottage in Temagami where I read your book! All My Loving had me hooked from start to finish...It also brought back all your coaching - cutting to the chase, telling your own story, writing the truth, sharing your pain, mining the journal! 

What a terrific read. I can't believe you were so mature as a young teen that you travelled via Paris metro to the box office, bought tickets for TWO shows, AND went by yourself! As a crazy Beatles fan myself I could feel the electricity of how excited you were.  

I still want to write. The answer, I know, is write. There is some discipline in my life but it doesn't include writing at the moment, even though I know that the hardest, but really the easiest part is to just start.  

I know I'm late to the game on your book, but congratulations. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment