Tuesday, January 12, 2016

ROOM FOR RENT - pass it on

A gorgeous snowfall out there - I can appreciate it because I don't have to fly or drive anywhere. So I'll go for a walk and enjoy the thick white blanket.

I'm posting this in case someone out there can help: this year I am going to go away for my usual five week writing/eating/escaping winter retreat, not to Europe, but to Vancouver. I want to attend the Creative Non-Fiction Collective's AGM, which this year is in Banff at the end of April - I'll stop in on my way back. And I'm beginning to make a point of checking out other places I might consider, eventually, spending the winter, like Victoria and Vancouver. My dear Brucie has offered me his apartment in the West End, so I'll be gone from about March 24 to about April 26. Carol, my tenant and friend, will be here in her attic room, holding down the fort.

But I would like to rent out my room, if possible. Here's a huge, beautiful house in a great location, perfect for someone making a jaunt to Toronto who needs a temporary downtown place. Carol is kind, easy-going and private.

So: ROOM FOR RENT IN BEAUTIFUL CABBAGETOWN HOUSE, WEEKLY, MARCH 24 TO APRIL 26. Private bathroom, sole use of living room, shared kitchen. High-speed wifi, flat screen TV with cable etc.

Please let me know if you know someone who might be interested. I will send pictures and details.

And if you want to depress yourself on this snowy day, here's Gerry Caplan's article about Trump. Horrifying.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trump-is-the-embodiment-of-the-worst-of-america/article28111767
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. -Hermann Göring, Nazi military leader (12 Jan 1893-1946) 

No comments:

Post a Comment