Sunday, April 19, 2015

last day with Bruce, boat trip, sick

I'm sick - got slammed in the night with a stomach bug, not nice. However - it's my last day with Bruce and we had planned a boat trip along the coast, so I thought I could manage that, and I did. He was very kind to the feeble old lady who accompanied him. And it was not actually raining, with a little sun every so often. The trip, despite everything, was glorious.

The boat stops at all the 5 little towns until it gets to Porto Venere, a much larger and less picturesque town at the end, where we all got another boat for a trip around some islands - not too interesting, but the sun was almost out and the air was wonderful. Then a great fish lunch right on the water which unfortunately, tragically, I could not share. And then back. BK knew I was really sick because I had no interest in food or shopping - a true test. I'm now in bed. He has taken the train back to Manarola, which we'd planned to visit before I lost my sea legs.

I hope I'm well soon because I've planned to take Bruce to a spectacular place for dinner, to thank him for everything. If not - next time. Get well, silly stomach. Right now, I am extremely glad to be in bed, moving only my fingers.
Click to enlarge.
Vernazza this morning
Corniglia, where we walked to our first day 
Manarola, which we'd intended to visit together and Bruce is now. I'll have to come back, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment