Thursday, April 17, 2014

Naples pix 2.

Click to enlarge
A simple little church floor. Inlaid marble.
A simple little gold altar.
My friend imagines himself riding in that splendid carriage …
 The streetscape from the last post, in its entirely
One of the famous creche scenes they specialize in here - incredibly elaborate
Skulls as fenceposts
 Just … beautiful
Him too.
So many different kinds of fish, live winkles and lobsters, everything
The dried tomato and chilies store
The lemon store
Bruce's seafood risotto
My seafood pasta. Mmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. That food all looks amazing. Think I will have to try an eggplant dish. Yum. This afternoon
    I enjoyed cake and wine with a friend. Can't remember the last time I had cake. Stan threatened to say "cake or die" ( from Monty Python) to the cake sales lady but I managed to dissuade him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, eggplant is one of my favourite foods, and this was caramelized … wonderfully good. We had some memorable meals and none expensive. I'm glad you're eating cake. Marie Antoinette would approve.

    ReplyDelete