Thursday, March 27, 2014

the Batobus

This morning, I set out on an expedition to visit the Jardin des Plantes, one of my favourite places in all of Paris, and then to continue on to the Seine, to scatter what's left of my father's ashes. When we scattered my parents' ashes at the beautiful Necropolis cemetery near my home, at Christmas, I kept a bit of Dad for Paris, because he loved this city as much if not more than his own city of New York. Today, it was time. I intended to scatter him in the Seine, so he'd always be flowing through. 
Click to enlarge
An electric car you can rent right on the street, like the rental bikes.
My favourite cherry tree at the Jardin des Plantes, about to burst into bloom. I visit it every time I'm here.
How the French love their wild and tangled plane trees. Ha.
Another amazing cherry, this one in full bloom, a great hiding place for kids ...
… and for grownups.
When I got to the water, the Batobus was right there, ready to go, so on the spot I bought a ticket and hopped on. Have been meaning to take this water bus for ages, and there is was. A beautiful day - brisk but warm, Paris gleaming in the sun. This is the Pont Neuf.
The grand old beauty, seen from the water.
The regularity of the ivory buildings - stunning, everywhere you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment