Wednesday, June 6, 2012

just me and my sexy bandage

This is when it's a relief not to be an actress any more; if I were in a show tonight, this little limp would be a disaster. As it is, to teach tonight, I'll just bandage my foot and get a cab. It's only a torn or stretched ligament, my friend John reassures me; basketball players do this all the time. Still, as I made my painfully slow way downstairs this morning, assisted by my great-grandfather's wooden cane, I thought, this is how it's going to be one day. If I'm lucky enough to live that long.

It's Wednesday, and I will not be at Carol's Runfit class at the Y. But my accident makes me realize, more than ever, the importance of fitness, agility, flexibility, muscle tone.

A perfect spring day, sunny and mild - 19 degrees though rain possible later - and I'm sitting on the deck with my foot up, about to start work. What happened was just a little wake up call. It could have been so much worse. And luckily, I'd just had a pedicure, so the toes below the bandage are gleaming red.

Speaking of worse - I was very, very sorry to hear about the re-election of the vile governor of Wisconsin. I guess if you have seven times the funds to pour into an election - go, Koch Brothers, go! - you're pretty much guaranteed a win. Very, very frightening, trying to imagine Mitt Romney as President of the United States.

1 comment:

  1. Fantaѕtic bеat ! I wіsh to apprentice аt the same time as you amend youг
    web site, how can i subscribe foг a blog web sіte?
    The account aided mе a applicаble deаl.
    I hаve been tiny bit acquainted of thіs your broadcaѕt offeгed bright clеar concept

    my site - crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete