Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday and we're off

9.30 a.m. Saturday morning, and Chris is on his way over to my place right now. We're going to wander all day and see what trouble we can get into. And then tomorrow, he starts his walk, right through the length of France, finishing, he hopes, in Montpellier, where he'll stay a bit with my other oldest, bestest friends Lynn and Denis. He hopes to chart this trip with his iPad, and has a carefully packed Mountain Equipment backpack and lots of other wonderful MEC stuff to help him on the way. He's doing this as a fundraiser. Other people just go to France. Chris decides to walk for two months and raise thousands of dollars. Nothing the simple way, our Chris.

Yesterday we met, talked, laughed, and had lunch. Chris had ripped his pants on the plane so we went to our favourite place, Monoprix, to buy him a new pair. Then he and Bruce went off to do tech things and get caught up; I dawdled a bit in the store, bought more paper, another pen ... Things you just can't get in Toronto, paper and pens.

And then back here to work for the rest of the day. Very boring, especially for one of my last days in Paris. Mais c'est comme ca.

He's here. I'm off.

P.S. A woman who read my post on my caffeine addiction asked me to post a link to her site - about avoiding caffeine! So here it is. Though why you'd want to avoid caffeine I cannot imagine.

2 comments:

  1. From one ultra-Chris to another: bon voyage, bonne chance!

    On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.

    PS:Diet Coke is also my drink of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a Chris thing.
    See you soon,
    b.

    ReplyDelete