Tuesday, January 4, 2011

re: CLASSES

REAL LIFE returns: It's time to bang the drum for my classes, particularly LIFE STORIES II at U of T, running Monday afternoons, starting soon, which needs a few more to make sure it runs. This is a smaller class than the first level, allowing much more individual time and longer stories, more in depth exploration of your narratives and your talent. An enlightening time guaranteed.

Ryerson is running True to Life I on Monday evenings, as usual, which is almost full already. What are you waiting for? Good writing begins HERE.

I'm at the Tampa Airport as I send these exhortations. It has been a great visit. I brought 7 "New Yorkers" and read 5, plus of course the sublime "Pride and Prejudice." I read a 90 page manuscript for a student and edited two short chapters for my friend Chris, did some of my own writing work, ran barefoot on the beach, drank a lot of fresh orange juice, ate an entire carton of chocolate/peanut butter ice cream, swam nearly every day. There is a tiny bit of colour in my cheeks which will vanish instantly.

I've just made a list of what awaits at home, including the laundry for the 6 people who rented the house, preparing classes which start Thursday evening, and several more big manuscripts. Hooray! I'm carrying that sunshine glow inside. And it's 2011, an exciting new year.

Rarin' to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment