Sunday, September 19, 2010

old and not quite so old

This is the longest I've gone without writing a new post in years. At the back of my mind, day after day ... "must write blog." But I'm in Ottawa, dealing with the issues of the elderly - have spent the last four days finding a terrific "assisted living facility" and touring it, twice, with my mother and her older sister. This is difficult work, sad, yes, a time of change is coming - but a time of renewal too.

Anyway, I'll be home later today and able, as I re-enter my own life, to think again. I knew this morning, when my dear mother asked, as she does every morning, if I wanted some toast, and I nearly shouted, "I don't eat toast at breakfast! I haven't for years! You know that! Stop asking me the same thing every single bloody morning!" that it's time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment