Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ellen Roseman's "Financial Basics"

My good friend Ellen Roseman, who writes a finance column for the "Star" and several other papers, just let me know that she is giving a workshop on Financial Basics at Ryerson next Tuesday, June 22. It's FREE. 5.30 - 9.30 p.m., in the comfortable Bronfman Room at the Chang Centre on Victoria Street.

This is a great deal, if you're a financial illiterate, as am I. Ellen is fun, lively and extremely knowledgeable. Perhaps by the end of her talk, I will actually understand something about how money works. If not, she says there are great free booklets that come with it, so I can go away and study. You'd think that by this stage of my life I'd understand something about finance, but no. Well, nothing in my life so far - certainly not my jobs - has given me much connection with money. So I've remained in blissful ignorance. But after next Tuesday - watch out, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment