Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Qui - moi?

A flash from the past - two of my Vancouver friends have written that there's a picture of me in the Vancouver Sun today, a still from the play The Sisters Rosensweig that I went back to Vancouver to do in the mid-nineties. It's a great picture, though unfortunately the article says that Babz Chula, a lively, warm person and actress who played another of the sisters,  now has cancer for the second time. But in Babz style she is fighting all the way. Maybe I can get our friend Nick to write a song for her. Article and picture can be found at: 

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/unsinkable+Babz+Chula/1351982/story.html

How odd it is to see that actress-person who looks a bit like me, a younger version wearing someone else's clothes. I used to wear other people's clothes and speak other people's words for a living, but not any more. One nutty me is enough. 

It's beautiful outside - chilly but very sunny; hope leaps up again for us (we? Come on, grammar buffs, let me know) weather-battered Ontarians. 

Wayson called me the other day. "Quick, turn on the TV - Dr. Phil is talking to people who shop at Goodwill!" Surely Wayson Choy and I are the only people who would be interested in this conversation. But it was boring - just people boasting about what great stuff they got for very little money. I've been talking like that for thirty years. What I wanted to know was if they had any new techniques for getting good stuff or saving time, but no. 

Ellen Roseman, who knows of my past romantic life with Sir Paul, sent me the following information. I don't know who half of them are, but I sure know the first three. Half of the Beatles, together again - if I were going to be here, maybe I'd try to go. But sadly, oh so sadly, I cannot because I'll be in boring old Paris. 


Paul McCartney and special guests Ringo Starr, Sheryl Crow, Donovan, Eddie Vedder, Ben Harper, Moby, Paul Horn, Bettye LaVette, and Jim James will perform at the David Lynch Foundation's benefit concert, "Change Begins Within," at Radio City Music Hall in New York on Saturday, April 4th, 7:30 p.m. 

David Lynch, Russell Simmons, Laura Dern, and other surprise guests will fill out the star-studded slate as presenters.

Tickets will go on sale on Monday, March 9, at 11 a.m. through ticketmaster.com, or by calling 866-858-0008.


No comments:

Post a Comment