Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WRITE IN THE GARDEN 3

Writers, if the weather continues like this, we will be more than happy in the garden on October 5.  That Sunday, I am running another of my one-day rev-up-your-inspiration workshops. For those who haven't been following my blog, this is what it entails:

Writers arrive between 9.30 and 10 for coffee and muffins and chat, and then at 10 we begin - I give a getting-to-know-each-other writing exercise, and then a topic, and people disappear to the four corners of my big garden and write on the spot, whatever comes.  We gather to read and tell each other what works, what triggers interest and imagination, and then another topic, more writing, and LUNCH, a great meal cooked by my daughter Anna.  We have had guest artists join us for lunch the past two times - Wayson Choy and Alissa York - so I hope to repeat that treat.  

And then, more interesting topics, more intense and powerful writing, and a glass or two of wine, till we finish at 5.  If you go back far enough in my blog, you can read what people have said about the day, but if you don't have time, I'll summarise: people let me know that the writing, company, garden and food were great.  The cost is $125 for everything.

If you're interested, please write to me at beth@bethkaplan.ca and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment